I’m very excited to say that yesterday I began the process of bunny fostering!!
Okay, so I won’t be able to take in the animals until next spring, but since I’m the eager type, and since you can never be too prepared, I decided it was time to start the ball rolling.
This is the first time I’ll be able to prepare for a new pet because my last two pets were unplanned. I’m so pleased that I can finally do this the right way! To frame my preparations, I’m working with the “rabbit checklist” I designed for the TRC. I’m using the Word version (which can be downloaded here) and filling it up with notes, like:
- I want the Furminator.
- What about a metal litter box?
- Ex-pen or condo? (Our last bunny was free-range, but I want something more controlled this time around.)
- I want a top-loading carrier to which a water bottle can be affixed (ooh, like this one!). S wants a traditional cat-style hard shell front-loader. Can we find one that suits us both?
- Could I contract local metal and/or wood hobbyists to build me some supplies? Craigslist?
- I want the 3M Littmann Lightweight II Stethescope in lilac.
- I want some willow bowls to put hay in (a step up from our last system, i.e. throwing handfuls of hay on the floor).
As you can see, I have a lot of thinking and shopping around to do…